The Public Relations and Marketing Group is currently seeking professionals for the following positions:
Position: Assistant Account Executive
PRMG seeks a talented Assistant Account Executive to work out of our Long Island office. The candidate will work directly with the company’s Senior AE to assist in managing public relations, marketing and administrative support efforts for regional corporations, professional service businesses, government entities and non-profit organizations.
Position is ideal for candidate seeking entry-level position in a communications agency specializing in public relations, advertising and marketing. Potential for growth into an Account Executive position.
Applicants must have excellent writing skills and extensive knowledge of social media management. Familiarity with HTML programming, search engine marketing and search engine optimization strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will be organized, detailed-oriented and comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing projects and campaigns for clients
- Maintenance and management of client websites, blogs and social media pages
- Content development for client press releases, blogs, email newsletters, websites and social media schedules
- Follow up on press releases and pitching stories to the media
- Attendance at and photography of client events
- Administrative support for one of agency’s non-profit organizations, including:
- Attending development and board meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Coordinating all email and phone communications related to the organization and its members
- Drafting and distribution of correspondence with organization sponsors
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or a related subject.
- Experience with managing social media
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of WordPress or HTML is preferred.
- Basic understanding of SEO and SEM
- Public Relations/Journalism experience a plus.
- Current college seniors with projected May 2018 graduation encouraged to apply.
Salary: $31,200 to $41,600 commensurate with experience.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Assistant Account Executive (PR4Lawyers division)
PR4Lawyers division is looking for a talented Assistant Account Executive to work out of our Long Island office. The candidate will assist in managing marketing campaigns for regional professional services firms. Applicants must be organized, detailed-oriented, and must be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
Applicants must have excellent writing skills, as well as extensive knowledge of social media, and knowledge of search engine marketing and optimization.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing projects and campaigns for clients and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Assist in overseeing the development of websites, brochures, ads and collateral materials for clients.
- Coordinating with legal staff writers to develop content for client websites, brochures, ads, social media accounts, etc.
- Blogging on and coordinating blog post creation.
- Managing client social media accounts.
- Monitoring and analyzing AdWords and other digital advertising campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Experience with social media
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- HTML/CSS experience is required
- Digital advertising, including experience with Google/Bing ads, a plus
- PR or journalism experience is a plus
4 year May or Dec 2017 college graduates with extensive internship or work related experience are welcome to apply.
Salary: $31,200-$39,000 depending on experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Position: Web Designer
For Your Impact Online, a division of PRMG, a web designer/programmer. Must have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, as well as knowledge of HTML/CSS, PHP, and WordPress. Candidate will work with Creative Director and Web Director. Bottom line: we are seeking a candidate who is primarily a designer but who can also handle basic programming functions.
- Design websites using Photoshop
- Design email blasts and e-newsletters
- Build a basic website in HTML/CSS and Word Press
- Build site in WordPress
- Professional portfolio
- Four-year degree in graphic design/web design.
Salary: $31,600-$52,000 depending on qualifications, experience, and portfolio. Experienced or Entry-level. Recent graduates welcome to apply for starting salary of $31,600.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, portfolio and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify "Web Designer -- Long Island" in the subject line.
Position: Graphic Design Intern
Your responsibilities will include:
- Logo design
- Design advertisements for print and web
- Design marketing emails/e-newsletters
- Design marketing and promotional materials
- Assist with layout of printed newsletters
- Design website templates
Requirements: Currently an undergraduate or graduate student. 15-20 hours per week minimum. Knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator required. Experience with HTML and CSS is a plus. Must be able to commit for a minimum of three months. Initial internships are unpaid, but we are willing to discuss compensation for students with prior graphic design experience.
Please send a resume, portfolio and availability to email@example.com. Include “Graphic Design Intern” in the subject line.
Position: Video Production Intern - Spring or Summer (Unpaid)
The Video Production Intern will complete a variety of video projects and assist with other projects in the Creative Services area of the Marketing Department.
An internship with The Public Relations and Marketing Group allows you to engage in activities such as the following:
- Professional development gained through real-world job experiences
- Mentorship and job shadowing opportunities
- Portfolio building
- College credit
- Possibility of a paid position within the company after internship completion
- Plan, write, produce, shoot, and edit commercials and videos for a wide range of clientele
- Shoot and edit videos for social media, web and TV
- Take still photography
- Assist with the transport, set up and break down of photo and video equipment
Education and Experience:
- Student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Multimedia, Broadcasting, or similar field
- Junior or Senior-level standing preferred
- An overall understanding of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, primarily focused on Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Knowledge in After Effects a plus
- Knowledge of appropriate video formats for distribution via TV, web, social media, and other channels
- Must be proficient with shooting still photography — we utilize DSLR cameras
- Must be proficient with shooting video — we utilize 4K professional camcorders
- An understanding of the fundamentals of camera and lighting operations
- An understanding of the fundamentals of microphone and sound operations
- Flexibility to work after normal hours to video and/or photograph various company events. There are shoots done at remote locations, requiring some traveling, and moving heavy camera equipment around.
- Candidates should be able to work in both a team environment, and independently as well.
- Extremely high attention to detail with 100% quality focus
- Ability to handle constructive criticism and meet strict deadlines
- All candidates must be available during the months of April through June or June through August.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
Please submit your resume and samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
Position: Communications Intern
Your responsibilities will include supporting senior marketing, public relations, graphics and web development staff members with tasks such as:
- Minor web updates
- Content creation for social media, blogs, press releases and newsletters
- Website updates and Newsletter programming
- Compile and maintain company spreadsheets, databases and media lists
- Assist with general research
- Monitor news, Web and social media coverage of client information
- Minor photo or graphics edits
- Attend and photograph client meetings and events
Requirements: Strong writing and organizational skills, along with experience with HTML/CSS, Dreamweaver, WordPress, Drupal and/or Photoshop, as well as all popular social media platforms. Photography skills a plus.
Position is currently available to undergraduate or graduate communications students seeking college credit. Must be able to commit for a minimum of three months, at a minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week. Initial internship is unpaid, but there is room for growth within the organization.
Please send a resume, cover letter and availability to email@example.com. Include “Communications Intern” in the subject line.
Position: Public Relations Intern
Your responsibilities will include supporting senior public relations staff with tasks such as:
- Research and draft press releases, media advisories, articles and blogs
- Distribute news items to the media
- Follow up with/pitch the media
- Monitor news and web outlets for coverage
- Help draft and compile stories for electronic and printed newsletters
- Attend client events
Requirements: Strong writing skills and organizational skills required. Prior experience is a plus.
Position is currently available to undergraduate or graduate journalism or public relations students seeking college credit. Must be able to commit for a minimum of three months, at a minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week. Initial internship is unpaid, but there is room for growth within the organization.
Please send a resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “PR Intern” in the subject line.
Position: Marketing/Social Media Intern
Your responsibilities will include supporting senior marketing, Web and social media staff with tasks such as:
- Manage social media communities
- Monitor news related to client industries
- Write copy for marketing materials or blogs
- Help optimize client sites and social media pages to improve their traffic, following and search rankings
- Update current marketing materials for clients and agency
- Create/maintain marketing lists
- Update spreadsheets and databases with current metrics
Requirements: Strong writing skills and experience with Microsoft Office necessary. Experience with Microsoft Access, Photoshop and/or WordPress is a plus.
Position is currently available to undergraduate or graduate marketing students seeking college credit. Must be able to commit for a minimum of three months, at a minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week. Initial internship is unpaid, but there is room for growth within the organization.
Please send a resume, cover letter and availability to email@example.com. Include “Marketing/Social Media Intern” in the subject line.