Central Veterinary Associates Alerts Pet Owners of Recall of Cat and Ferret Food from Natura Pet Products
VALLEY STREAM, NY — Central Veterinary Associates has announced that Natura Pet Products is voluntarily recalling select lots of its cat and ferret food products due to vitamin insufficiency and an excess of minerals.
Because of a formulation error of the food produced at the company’s Fremont, Nebraska facility, the following products have been affected:
- EVO® Grain Free Turkey & Chicken Formula Dry Cat & Kitten Food, Size: 15.4 lbs., UPC: 5148 541400, Expiration Date: 02/19/2016, Lot Code: 4300A700D2
- EVO® Grain Free Turkey & Chicken Formula Dry Cat & Kitten Food, Size: 2.2 lbs., UPC: 5148 541402, Expiration Date: 02/20/2016, Lot Code: 4301A700A4
- EVO® Grain Free Turkey & Chicken Formula Dry Cat & Kitten Food, Size: 2.2 lbs., UPC: 5148 541402, Expiration Date: 02/20/2016, Lot Code: 4301A700B4
- EVO® Grain Free Turkey & Chicken Formula Dry Cat & Kitten Food, Size: 2.2 lbs., UPC: 5148 541402, Expiration Date: 02/20/2016, Lot Code: 4301A700C4
- EVO® Grain Free Ferret Food, Size: 6.6 lbs., UPC: 5148 542101, Expiration Date: 02/19/2016, Lot Code: 4300A700D3
These lots were distributed through independent retailers in California, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Texas, Vermont, and Canada, as well as online. No other Natura products are affected.
There are no reports of illness in pets. Pets can become ill if they lack vitamins for prolonged periods of time. Signs of vitamin deficiency may include decreased appetite, lethargy, vomiting and weight loss; however, the excess of minerals poses no threat to their health.
“It is important for all pet owners who purchased these products to return them to the store for a full refund,” says Dr. John Charos, DVM, President/CEO, Central Veterinary Associates. “It is recommended that this product no longer be fed to your pets and that you contact your local veterinarian as soon as possible if your pet becomes ill as the result of consuming this product.”
CVA keeps its hospital in Valley Stream open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, including all major holidays. For more information or to make an appointment, call 1 (888) 4CVA-PET (428-2738) or visit www.centralvets.com.
About Central Veterinary Associates
Central Veterinary Associates is a 24-hour, full-service hospital that provides optimal small animal medicine, including exotic medicine. The main hospital is located in Valley Stream, which provides 24-hour care at its state-of-the-art facility. Central Veterinary Associates also has other convenient locations in Mineola, Great Neck, Bayside, and Forest Hills. The hospital features intensive care units and intravenous infusion pumps and offers state-of-the-art radiology, endoscopy, ultrasonography, otoscopy and dentistry services. Central Veterinary Associates has over 110 staff members, including 13 veterinarians, as well as a board-certified radiologist, surgeon and internist available for consultation, a canine and feline general practice specialist and certified veterinary acupuncturist on staff. For more information, call 1 (888) 4CVA-PET (428-2738) or visit www.centralvets.com.