- Chris Clausen was recently welcomed to the School-Business Partnerships of Long Island Board; this was mentioned in Long Island Business News.
- Forbes Magazine quoted Dr. Greg Nelson, DVM, of Central Veterinary Associates in an article on the dangers of chocolate over the holidays.
- Newsday featured Ben's Kosher Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers (Ben's Deli) in a story on restaurants that stayed open on Christmas Day.
- Everafter opened a third store location, and its first The Westside shop, in Greenvale's Wheatley Plaza; this was reported by Newsday and The Island Now.
- Long Island Business News' On Our Island reported on Gershow Recycling's donation and sponsorship of Play For Peace. Gershow also donated a wrecked car to the town of Islip, New York, in support of its anti-drunk and distracted driving campaign; this was reported by Recycling Today.
- Charles Rutenberg Realty of Long Island (CRRLI) owners Pamela and Joseph Moshé were honored with the first-ever CHI Heroes award; this was mentioned in Long Island Business News' Nonprofit highlights of the week. Joe Moshé was interviewed by Newsday. Long Island Business News and Newsday also ran items on Charles Rutenberg Realty.