- Dori Scofield and Lynne Schoepfer of Save-A-Pet Animal Rescue and Adoption Center, Inc. appeared on News 12’s “Animal Island” to discuss the Suffolk County Legislature approving a bill banning the sale of “puppy mill” dogs in Suffolk. In addition, The Port Times Record interviewed Ms. Scofield about the bill's passage. The 15th Annual Hounds on the Sound 3K Dog Walk and Adoption Event was covered by The Port Times Record as well.
- The Long Island Game Farm's new attractions, Erik's Reptile Edventures Discovery Center and The One and Only Pekingese Dog Act featuring Vanna the Baboon-presented by David Rosaire were highlighted in Newsday's Explore LI section and Newsday.com. In addition, Newsday's Kidsday section included a brief overview of the Game Farm.
- The Patchogue Lions Club's "Christmas in June" event sponsored by Gershow Recycling was featured in Newsday, News12, and Fios1. Newsday also featured Gershow Recycling's scholarship winners from Bellport High School and Longwood High School.
- The Island Now interviewed Liz Holzknecht, who raised money for Camp Pa-Qua-Tuck in honor of her late sister Kate. In addition, Newsday mentioned Camp Pa-Qua-Tuck in an article about ways to volunteer for summer camps around Long Island. Fios1 covered the camp's 67th summer session kickoff, which provides 10 weeklong sessions to children with special needs.
- The Center for Science Teaching and Learning's 2014 "Clean Tech Competition" winners were featured in Long Island Business News. Ray Ann Havasy, President of CSTL appeared on TV55's "Exit 10/55" to discuss the "Clean Tech Competition."
- Bob Williams, President of Briscoe Protective Systems Inc., appeared on WALK's "Island Assignment" to discuss the recent legislation in effect requiring CO detectors in commercial buildings, including the Steve Nelson Safety Act.
- Lawrence Gross of Core Title Services was interviewed by Long Island Business News about the impact the state's regulations will have on the title insurance industry.