Featuring the Empire State Fair at the Nassau Coliseum and the Long Island Fun Fest at Suffolk County Community College’s Grant Campus
This spring and summer, Dreamland Amusements is bringing back family fun back to Long Island and the metropolitan New York area with rides, games and special attractions. Dreamland’s Long Island summer season kicks off this Thursday at the Broadway Commons Mall, located at 358 N. Broadway Commons in Hicksville. Its schedule also features the production of two major events: the Empire State Fair, from June 30 to July 10 at the Nassau Live Center, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and the Long Island Fun Fest, which will take place from June 9-26 at the Suffolk County Community College Michael J. Grant campus.
The full schedule includes:
- May 5-15 — Broadway Commons Mall Carnival, 358 N. Broadway Commons, Hicksville
- May 19-22 — Arthur Henderson Park and Pool, 123 West Merrick Road, Valley Stream
- May 26-30 — Behind P.C. Richard & Son, 2999 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown
- May 26-30 — Merrick LIRR Station, Sunrise Highway, Merrick
- June 1-5 — Astoria Park, 19th Street (between Astoria Park S. and Ditmars Boulevard), Astoria
- June 2-5 — 999 Herricks Road, New Hyde Park
- June 8-12 — Mall at the Source, 1500 Old Country Road, Westbury
- June 9-26 — Long Island Fun Fest, Suffolk County Community College, Michael J. Grant Campus (Exit 53 off the LIE)
- June 16-26 — South Shore Mall Carnival, 1701 Sunrise Highway, Bay Shore
- June 29-July 4 — Broadway Commons Mall Carnival, 358 N. Broadway Commons, Hicksville
- June 30-July 10 — Empire State Fair, Nassau Live Center, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, 1255 Hempstead Turnpike, Uniondale
- July 7-10 — Lynbrook Lions Carnival, Greis Park, 55 Wilbur Street (off Sunrise Highway), Lynbrook
Long Island is especially important to Dreamland’s owners, Kathy and Bob DeStefano, since they make their home in Stony Brook, when they are not on the road with the two carnival units they operate with two of their three children and a son-in-law. In 2020, they did not operate on Long Island due to the COVID-19 lockdown; in 2021, they operated on a limited schedule. 2022 is the first full season in which they have been able to plan and promote their events on Long Island.
“Needless to say, the last few years have been difficult for carnival and other amusement and family entertainment operators, but it has been uplifting to see so many familiar faces come out to enjoy our events this year,” Bob DeStefano, Co-Owner, Dreamland Amusements, said.
Each festival will feature rides for both the thrill seeker and young children and their families. In addition to rides, Dreamland’s carnivals also feature games, craft vendors and a wide variety of traditional carnival food.
“We’re looking forward to being on Long Island this year,” Mr. DeStefano said. “The Empire State Fair and the Fun Fest are guaranteed to be among the largest, family fun-oriented events of the season.”
For more information, call 1-866-666-FAIR or visit www.dreamlandamusements.com.
About Dreamland Amusements
Dreamland Amusements carries over 50 rides to service the east coast of the United States, including Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine. It also supplies games, food stands, silent generators, benches and covered seating areas for county and state fairs, private parties, corporate rentals and concert dates. For more information, call 1-866-666-FAIR or visit www.dreamlandamusements.com.