Guests Can Shop Local and Then “Wrap Up” the Fun in Inn’s Gift-Wrapping Room
SOUTHAMPTON, NEW YORK — During the month of December, the Southampton Inn is inviting its guests to experience the unique boutiques, shops and services in historic Southampton Village. Each guest will receive a holiday stocking stuffed with special offers from local merchants and attractions to encourage visitors to shop local, visit museums, ride on a horse-and-buggy and meet Kris Kringle himself.
The incentives include 10% off coupons from Hildreth’s Home Goods, Whites Apothecary and Southampton Books; a Buy-One-Get-One (BOGO) free-admission pass to the Southampton History Museum; and 15% off purchases at J.Crew. Other participating vendors include Little Lucy’s (pet accessories), Urban Renaissance and Geary Gubbins Sports.
Guests can walk throughout the Village from store to store, experiencing a true, country getaway and a “Norman Rockwell experience” without the big-box store crowds. Plus, the merchants are within strolling distance of the Inn, so there is no need to drive around in search of a parking spot. After a day of shopping, guests can return to the Inn and use the holiday gift-wrapping room and enjoy a mug of hot cider from Claude’s Restaurant.
Here are just a few of Southampton Village’s holiday happenings:
- Disney’s Frozen Jr. — December 6 and 7, Southampton Cultural Center, 25 Pond Lane
- Hamptons Doc Fest — December 7, noon and 2 p.m. at Southampton Arts Center, 25 Jobs Lane
- Santa’s Elves Workshop — December 7 from 1-3 p.m. at Southampton History Museum, 17 Meeting House Lane
- Horse & Buggy Rides — December 7 from 1-4 p.m. at Southampton Chamber of Commerce, 76 Main Street
- “Santa Visit” — December 7 from 1:30-3:30 p.m. at Southampton Chamber of Commerce, 76 Main Street
- Hearthside Cheer — December 7 from 5-7 p.m. at Southampton History Museum, 17 Meeting House Lane
- Broadway Sing-Along (Piano Bar Series) — December 7 at 7 p.m. at Southampton Arts Center, 25 Jobs Lane
- Horse & Buggy Rides — December 14 and 21 from noon-3 p.m. at Southampton Village Hall, 23 Main Street
- “Santa Visit” — December 14 from 2-4 p.m. at Rogers Memorial Library, 91 Coopers Farm Road
- Freaky Friday: The Musical — December 20 at 7 p.m., and December 21 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. at Southampton Cultural Center, 25 Pond Lane
The Southampton Inn is also offering a BOGO half-off special in which guests can get a second room at half-price. This offer will run from December 23, 2019 to January 5, 2020 (excludes December 31, 2019). Guests are always welcome to stay with their furry friends in one of the Inn’s 16 pet-friendly rooms.
The Southampton Inn and Claude’s Restaurant are located at 91 Hill Street in the heart of Southampton Village. For reservations, or for more information, call (631) 283-6500 or visit www.southamptoninn.com.